Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Prologue

Zero to now; a quick time-line of how I went from never running for enjoyment to near obsession.

1978 to 1996 - General growth and development capped by competitive swimming up through high school.

1996 to Summer 2008 - General degeneration of physical form.

06/21 - Innocent family pool party. Realization: I am not healthy and I look like crap.

06/25 - Bored with elliptical, go for a casual 3 mile run around neighborhood.

07/15 - E-mail at work, "Omaha Corporate Cup Training" sure, I'm an expert. Begin training.

8/31 - Went to my third and final game at the original Yankee Stadium. Ran twice while on vacation, what's wrong with me?

9/21 - Omaha Corporate Cup (10k) 44:02.

9/23 - "I want to do more." Plan training for Kansas City Marathon 1/2 in 4 weeks.

10/4 - My first real "long run" 12.3 miles.

10/18 - Kansas City Marathon (half marathon) 1:38:40

10/19 - When can I do my first full marathon...

No comments: