There are quite a few gaps in the time-line I presented in my first post. One filler of those gaps is a very detailed training log that I keep on a Google Docs spreadsheet. My first goal after completing the half mary at KC was to review that data and start planing for a Spring '09 full marathon.
Step 1: Selecting the target race. Turns out that was pretty easy. Lincoln Marathon, May 3, 2009, Lincoln, NE. A very well run, flat fast race, less than 45 minutes away from my house, in the town I grew up in.
Step 2: Find a training program. I was recommended one of Hal Higdon's novice programs. Bought his book to go along with the suggestion. 18 weeks long, so training begins just before New Years.
Step 3: November & December - Read a very intriguing article on the topic of aerobic base. Looking at the data, it turns out I never even came close to setting up a base at all. Nearly all of my running since July has been at a heart rate in the anaerobic zone. So, I'm going to spend November and December trying to stay within the training described in that article.
No comments:
Post a Comment