Monday, October 18, 2010

2010 Kansas City Marathon

Race: Kansas City Marathon (Half)
Results: here
When: October 16, 2010
Where: Kansas City, MO
Introduction:
Two years ago this race was my first half marathon. I remember not knowing what to expect from the race. This year, coming off injury and resulting mediocre training volume, I again didn't know what to expect.

The Race:
The Kansas City Marathon is a hilly race. As a general statement, I enjoy this aspect of it. There are a couple of momonets from Saturday where my thoughts may have not reflected that sentiment however. From a plan/exectuion standpoint I am very happy with how it went. Gave up a little on the climbs. Picked back up some time on the downhills.

My run:
New Half Marathon PR: 1:25:02
Full splits and details are here.


Conclusion:
Mission accomplished. Eyes now shift focus to April 18th, 2011.

No comments: