Last Sunday was a tad faster than it was supposed to be. In and of itself, not a terrible thing, but when you add that it was also a double digit run. Well that makes it long and fast. Not exactly what was prescribed for the post-marathon recovery. Coach set it strait though.
With no full-mary on the schedule until Patriot's Day 2011, we've got time to do a 'traditional recovery'. Translation, no fast running of any kind for 26 days post Lincoln (1 day for each mile raced). So that's what I've done this week.
With the slower pace, I've mixed in some hills to keep it interesting. I've spent 3 days in a row over on the hills to the south of down-town Omaha, 'little Italy'. An acquaintance from ndorfnz informed me of the existence of the 'Park Wild Ave hill' and I've climbed that one now 2 days in a row.
The next immediate goal after recovery is to get ready to head up Mt. Evan's in less than a month. I'm getting excited for the challenge, but still have nothing to base any expectations on.
Monday: 4.06 miles on dirt. 8:53 minutes/mile.
Tuesday: 6.2 miles on hills. 8:15 minutes/mile.
Wednesday: 6.37 miles on big hills. 8:24 minutes/mile.
Thursday: 5.6 miles on big hills. 8:50 minutes/mile.
No comments:
Post a Comment