So last year after my first marathon I took 9 days off running. During that time was 3 days of incredible soreness and then 6 days of family vacation to NYC. Those first three days after the event were brutal. The pain and suffering of recovery started nearly immediately as soon as I crossed the finish line.
This year was a different story all together. As I stated in the race report, I felt pretty good after. I was tired and the legs were a little fatigued, but nothing to complain about. Really. Monday too was far better this year. I was moving easily up and down the stairs. Moved our broken clothes drier to the garage and installed a new dishwasher. Top of the world. Tuesday I was sore. DOMS hit me pretty good. Again, much better than last year though.
Wednesday I couldn't contain myself any longer, I had to lace them up. Nice and easy half hour.
Thursday, played it safe and did some cross training on the stationary bike and elliptical.
Friday, had the pleasure of running with some friends from work. Just happened across them as they were heading out. Had a wonderful time and barely noticed the 5 miles.
Mother's Day weekend belonged to Shana.
Monday's weather put me on the treadmill. Haven't missed that at all.
Tuesday ran on the treadmill for the company of a couple of team mates.
Today I went and ran some fake hills. 4 "laps" across the pedestrian bridge and back (4.5 miles on the bridge).
Monday: 0
Tuesday: 0
Wednesday: 4.1 miles. 8:35 min/mile pace
Thursday: 45min cross training
Friday: 5.04 miles. 8:30 min/mile pace
Saturday: 0
Sunday: 0
Monday: 5 miles. 8:00 min/mile pace
Tuesday: 3.73 miles. 8:02 min/mile pace
Wednesday: 5.51 miles. 8:17 min/mile pace
No comments:
Post a Comment