Monday, May 17, 2010

Two weeks later

Today marks the two week mark of my recovery from Lincoln. My legs are still a little sore at times, but that's it. The last few days have been pretty good.

Thursday I got into work early and hammered out a quick 3 miles around riverfront/heartland of America park. GPS failure forced me to kick it old school and manually map my route for the mileage. Obsessed with the spreadsheet? No....

On Friday I had the honor of helping present Ryan and Jamie with recognition at work. I'd rather run in front of millions than speak in front of hundreds, but it was well worth the nervousness! Well deserved guys! Awards and real work pushed the run into the late afternoon. As I was lacing 'em up, Coach couldn't turn down a run out to the Blatt and back, so he joined me. Great conversation, great run.

Rested Saturday. Sunday Noah had a birthday party at Lifetime, so I had a couple hours to kill. Shana suggested that I could get my run in for the weekend then. What a great idea. Ended up pushing the pace up a little. Distance and pace were both the longest and fastest respectively I've ran since the race. Felt great!

Thursday: 3.1 miles.  8:23 min/mile pace.
Friday: 7.81 miles. 8:26 min/mile pace.
Saturday: rest
Sunday:  11.17 miles. 7:33 min/mile pace.

No comments: