Saturday morning I had the pleasure of participating in the 5th annual Trek up the Tower at the First National Tower here in Omaha.
40 floors, 870 steps, 633 feet into the sky.
This was the second time for me at this event. My first time was 2 years ago. Last year I put in the training for it and then proceeded to break my finger the day before the event. In 2009 I ran a 6:10 and was 30th overall. I remember the lungs hurting and the legs screaming.
This year I ended up 6th overall. I won the age group award (due only to no duplication of awards, as I was really 3rd of the 30-39 year olds). And ran in a time of 5:31. The really cool part is that this year I did absolutely no race specific training. Pretty happy about the result!
No comments:
Post a Comment