Friday, May 1, 2009

2 days to go

Let the mind games begin....

In a little over 48 hours I should be crossing the finish line. How will the run go? Will my legs stay with me? Will the calf injury flare up? Should I go all out and really try for the BQ? Weather? Sleep? Nourishment? Too many questions.

My training is complete. I am happy with what I've accomplished in that effort:
  • 18 week marathon prep.
  • Training period: December 29th to May 2nd.
  • 685 Scheduled miles
  • 655 Miles completed (96% completion rate)
  • 17 runs of 10 miles or more
  • including one 19 miler and 2 over 20 miles.
Other numbers from the last 12 months:
  • 1099 miles logged since 7/1/2008
  • 27 pounds lost since 5/5/2008
  • over 4% reduction in % body fat
  • 2 10K events, 1 half-mary, 1 stair climbing event and 1 10M event (all either firsts or PRs)

Friday: Rest. Carbo load. Anxiety.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, You're going to rock it!! I read big-brother's blog everyday to see what adventures you have completed. Can't really tell you how proud I am, and seriously how much I look up to all your efforts. It's inspired me more than you can believe. 5 Weeks ago, I set out to get into shape, to lose weight, to feel better about myself and most importantly be healthy. I hit the highest number on the scale in my life, and knew I had to make a change...Thanks to your inspiration, I've lost 14.6 pounds to date....I have lots more to lose, and lots more lean body mass to gain, but I still owe you and Andrew a big thanks! Can't wait to see you kick ass this weekend! love- bradley