Friday afternoon was the first annual Gallup Pump & Run. This event consists of a bench press contest and a 5k race. Since I am a < 40 yo male, I had to bench 95% of my weight as many reps as I could. Each rep equaled 1 minute off my overall time. Translation == I had no shot to win the event overall. I did however end up winning the 5k race and set a baseline (PR) time as well.
First off, many props to the trainers Ryan & Jamie. What an amazing idea and a testament to your continued success in reshaping the fitness of our company. The event was executed with precision. Well except for having to hold the start of the event because of 2 missing runners. Still very sorry about that, went on my warm-up without even paying the least bit of attention to the clock.
Ended the day with some new bling which I will proudly display on my shelf for everyone to see.
Friday: 3.4 miles wu/cd. 5K race 19:16.
No comments:
Post a Comment