Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Watching. This year.

So yesterday was the 2010 Boston Marathon.

Last year, I have to admit that despite being less than 2 weeks away from running my first marathon, I didn't even know it was run on a Monday.

And two years ago I'm not sure I could have told you the distance of a marathon.

Yesterday I was home with a sick little 7 month old baby girl. So I did get to watch the coverage of the race on television. Even more exciting for me was to track the 11 runners I knew in the race. What an incredibly inspiring way to spend a few hours. I saw a couple friends realize the goals they had set and a couple throw it all out there and fall short.

Next year I plan to be there. In the field. Chasing my goals. Throwing it all out there. Just have to get there first.

With the sick baby yesterday, lack of sleep the night before and family obligations I took a goose egg yesterday. With the taper started, we'll just chalk it up to rest.

Today, went out with Coach to run my 3k time trial. Did it over on the levee trail on the other side of the pedestrian bridge. I can't begin to measure the motivation of running this with another person. Just the thought that Ryan could have been right on my heels was motivation for me to push through the pain. Ended up with a significant improvement from the last 3k TT.

Monday: g00se.
Tuesday: 5.71 total miles. 3k TT: 10:43 (5:43 min/mile pace)

No comments: