Monday, August 9, 2010

Again with the groin

So for the second summer in a row I've found myself battling a adductor strain. This year it is a different area of the muscle/tendon group, but in that same fun neighborhood none the less. I don't have a single workout or event that I can point to as the cause, but pretty sure it's because I've ramped up mileage and intensity too quickly. In addition I think the heat/humidity also lead to some fatigue and resulted in poor mechanics.

Took 8 days of no running and now am going to ease back into it in a more controlled manner.

DayDateDistanceNotes
Wednesday7/288.5milesdowntown and levee
Thursday7/296.11milesearly morning. 2@MP
Friday7/306.25milesearly morning.
Saturday7/3117.01milesgroup run pappio/walnut creek area
Sunday8/1rest/injured adductor
Monday8/2rest/injured adductor
Tuesday8/3stomach virus/injured adductor
Wednesday8/445minutes on exercise bike
Thursday8/545minutes on exercise bike
Friday8/645minutes on elliptical
Saturday8/730minutes on elliptical
Sunday8/8rest
Monday8/93.36milesearly morning jog to feel out adductor

No comments: