Friday started out normal enough. Plan was a Friday lunch run to Jimmy Johns with some friends from work. Decided I wanted to log a few extra prior so I headed towards Anchor Inn. Legs felt sore and a little tight but nothing out of the ordinary. I met up with the guys and continued on. As we progressed, at a very reasonable pace, my legs continued to tighten and feel like crap. After about 2 miles with the guys my Achilles (same one as a few weeks ago) started to cause me some pain. I even stopped a few times to stretch hoping to loosen the area further.
Post run I could tell that something was definitely not right with it. I iced it a number of times throughout the rest of the work day and evening. This was much worse in terms of pain than a few weeks ago.
Woke up Saturday AM for the State Farm run hoping that a night of sleep would cure all. It didn't. I was still hobbling around trying not to put any pressure on my left leg. Had to scratch the race.
It's now Sunday night. Still an issue. Some aspects feel better, some do not. Might be a long week.
Friday: 8.19 miles. 8:24 avg pace
Saturday: zer0
Sunday: zer0
No comments:
Post a Comment