About an hour after my long run on last Saturday my left Achilles tendon started tightening up. By mid afternoon it was hurting pretty badly just walking around. I had a planned rest day on Sunday, so took full advantage of that. Noticed on Sunday pain only when walking down the stairs, moderate to intense soreness in my lower calf and the general soreness that I'd expect from 70 miles in 7 days.
I ended up resting all day Monday as well. I'm so hypersensitive to injury. I just don't want to change my goals. So throughout the day Sunday I iced my leg. Monday I iced and did eccentric exercises periodically. Today started off much better. Just some general soreness. So coach wanted me to continue the eccentric exercise and ice and also try to jog a little and see how it felt in motion.
Started off with a 10 minute warm-up on treadmill, stopped and stretched and tried to gauge how the injured area was responding. No increase in soreness and no acute pain, so I finished off the remainder of the jog. Post workout, stretched thoroughly and iced. So far so good. If everything continues to improve tonight and tomorrow AM, I'll try to jog for 90 minutes tomorrow.
Sunday: planned rest day / resting injury
Monday: resting injury
Tuesday: jogged 6.3 miles. 9:31 min/mile overall pace.
No comments:
Post a Comment