Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Don't go past Narrows

For Tuesday's run I headed over into Iowa and went north-east on the levee trail. Followed it up and headed past Narrows River Park. As I rounded the first corner I got a pretty cool view of the (very swollen) river. As I continued on though, it was a little disturbing. All along the sides of the road was mounds of trash. Not just debriet, but couches, tires, appliances and all sorts of other junk. It looked like a land fill, right there along the banks of the river. The more disturbing part was the uncountable rotted deer carcasses. The only hypothesis I could come up with is that Pottawattamie county must dump it's road-kill along this road for disposal. Not cool at all.

The run was pretty good. Went out easy and pushed up the pace a little on the return.

Tuesday: 10.7 miles 8:15 min/mile overall pace.

No comments: