So day by day my legs are feeling better. Still not convinced I'll be firing on all cylinders on Sunday, but darn it, I'm going to try.
I've also started to plan out my training between now and next May. Yeah, yeah, I know that's a little extreme to plan out over 30 weeks ahead of time, but it's just a general roadmap. I want my B.Q. and I need to start thinking about what it's going to take get it.
Another realization this week has been that I'm probably not going to be able to make the trip to the Kansas City Marathon. With the new baby in the house, the gas, hotel, race, food, etc. etc. it's just not financially viable this year. But with that, I don't want to call it quits for the racing year. So I'm looking at the 15K Governor's Cup in Lincoln that same weekend. Might even keep my ears open for any M2M teams in need of a replacement runner...
Monday: goose egg
Tuesday: 5.17 miles. 8:33 minutes/mile average pace
Wednesday: 3.85 miles. 8:31 minutes/mile average pace
No comments:
Post a Comment