Today marks the 1 Year Anniversary of my running. One year ago today I went out for the first time (as an adult) for a run with the intention of improving my physical fitness. In the last year I have droped 25-30 pounds of body weight, reduced my body fat percentage by more than half, logged over 1300 miles, raced in 3 10K's, 1 half marathon and 1 full marathon, raced to the top of the tallest building in Omaha and most importantly developed a real passion for running.
Running has not only brought me better physical health, but its benefited me in other ways as well. Mentally I am happier day-to-day. I've made some great friends through the shared interest of running. I've helped inspire members of my family to take up the sport. And I am hopefully providing a good model to my children about health, well-being, hard work and self-confidence.
That run 1 year ago was about 2 miles long. I have no idea how long it took. I'm not even sure of the route. I do know that it didn't feel good and that I did not enjoy it.
Thursday: 6.21 miles. 8:36 minutes/mile average pace. No HR data.
No comments:
Post a Comment