Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Fitness Assessment 1

Over the last year or so I always claimed that I wasn't going to do any strength training or lifting "until I was in shape". I realized earlier this week that I may have lost that excuse right around the time I ran a 3:20 marathon...

So the first step in addressing this issue was to do a fitness assessment with The Coach. The assessment consists of weight check, body fat measurement, cardio check, sit-ups, push-ups, plyo jumps and pull-ups.

Weight151
Body Fat%9.4
Fat Mass14
Lean Mass137
Push-ups (60 seconds)26
Plyo jumps (60 seconds)32
Sit-ups (60 seconds)24
Pull ups5
Cardio (treadmill 4mph/15%incline)HR per min: 121,122,129,129,131,134


Being that they just establish my baseline, I don't really know what to think about those numbers. I'm a little disappointed, but hey, I shouldn't really expect running to really help me do push-ups or pull-ups after all.

Went on a 3 mile easy run after the assessment.

Wednesday: 3 miles. 9:06 minutes/mile pace. no HR data.

No comments: