Little to no wind. Temps above freezing. What a day for a long run. Today I really wanted to get some hill work mixed into my long run. So I headed from home west on Qst. I've ran this stretch before and it definitely qualifies as hilly. Took a new route though. Headed south on 240th st once I got to the Elkhorn river. This new road was pretty cool at first. But about halfway into the mile stretch the pavement ended and it was a sloppy muddy mess. Pushed through that and the road turns to the East and becomes Lincoln Rd. More awesome hills. Followed this up to hwy 6, quick jaunt along the hwy to Cornhusker and then another big hill up to 192nd. More dirty/mud road until Giles. Finshed up with a nice clip back to the Coyote Run.
I am tired, legs a little sore and fatigued, but man what an awesome end to the week!
Sunday: 16.5 miles. 7:52 min/mile avg pace.
most of the route:
http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/ne/omaha/265126558194444888
No comments:
Post a Comment