This afternoon I had a really nice run. The schedule said today was a 6 miler at race pace. My marathon goal is 3hr 30min or about 8 minute miles. So that was my target pace today.
I ran from home and followed the main arterial streets around for a total of 6.2 miles. I've run variations of this same course many times before. There are some pretty significant hills and today there was a pretty strong head-wind going out.
As I was running, I couldn't help but think about the book I just finished reading; "Ultramarathon Man" an autobiography by Dean Karnazes. My little afternoon 6 miler is really not that long of a run at all...
Saturday: 10K run from home around neighborhood. 7:54 minute/mile average with an average HR of 174bpm. (high heart rate mostly from the hills).
1 comment:
awesome run today, Jeff. super happy to see you on pace. keep it nice and slow tomorrow, enjoy.
Post a Comment