'Coach and I worked on rearranging my weekly schedule so that my rest day moved from Friday to Sunday, thus freeing up Sunday for more family based activities. One side effect of that was that I had a displaced 14 miler to fit in somewhere this week.
Took the afternoon off today, it was (seasonably) nice temperature wise and no wind to speak of. Verdict, 14 miles today.
I haven't run 14 miles from my house before, so I wasn't certain what route to take. I ended up just heading west on Qst for 7 miles and turning around. There isn't much of a shoulder to speak of along west Q, but with not very much traffic I only had to step off to the side a couple of times. About 4 miles into the run there is a pretty hefty decline into the Elkhorn & Platte rivers valley. Now I didn't mind that heading in, but coming back out was a lot of work.
All in all a good run and I like the circuit. I mapped it out a little further and if I go from my front door head out around the Trout Lake at Two Rivers State Park and return that is right at about 19 miles. That might be a good route to have in March.
Friday: 14.02 miles, 9:09 minute/mile average pace with a average heart rate of 155bpm.
No comments:
Post a Comment