Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday's (somewhat) Brutal Run

So after yesterdays run on mainly clear concrete, I went out today thinking that I would find the same for my 11 miler. Unfortunately that wasn't the case and my run today ended up being about 80-90% on the snow/slush/ice. I thought my logic was good; yesterday all of the north-south trails and sidewalks I was on were very clear. So I chose a primarily north/south route today. No joy.

I parked at Super Saver (Millard Ave & 144th) and headed north on 144th. I stayed on 144th until I caught the West Pappio Trail - North just before Industrial. Followed that trail up to Pacific. Ran along Pacific heading East to 132nd. Ran along 132nd and continued on as it becomes Millard Ave.

Mile 7.5 was about my breaking point as the worst stretch of the whole run as along 132nd. I almost succumbed to mind trying to get me to stop my legs. As I ran in front of Outback Steakhouse my mind quickly conjured up a picture of me sitting at the warm bar with a Wallaby-Darned in hand and a delicious steak in front of me. Shana was surely on the way to pick me up and drive me home.

Luckily or unluckily; however you want to look at it, I was able to push the image out of my head and continue on the run.

Sunday: {gps track of route described above} 11 miles, 1hr 40min 44seconds, 9:07 minute/mile with average HR of 167bpm.

No comments: