Monday, August 17, 2009

Laps around the wildflower field

So with the possibility of Shana going into labor increasing, my exercise model has to adjust some. The new requirements are:

  1. I must have my phone on me.
  2. I should be within about 5-10 minutes of my car.
  3. Someone else better know where I am and how to get a hold of me in case my phone doesn't work.

So in that new model, my 5 miler for today's run was 5 laps around the wild-flower field we have next to our building at work. (The "field" was actually mowed down recently because it was overgrown with weeds. Someone is going to have to explain to me the difference between weeds and "wild" flowers) It's not the most exciting run, but it meets the requirements and measures out to almost exactly 1 mile per lap.

My pace was pretty good. I'm surprised at how smooth I feel for the pace I'm running. My legs were a little sore from the ride yesterday, but in general felt pretty good. The only noticable pain is my shins and some soreness in the lower portions of my quads just above the knee.

I'm looking forward to running again tomorrow. That will be the first consecutive days I've ran since early July.

Monday: 5.04 miles. 8:20 minutes/mile average pace.

No comments: