Saturday, August 1, 2009

Couple of good rides

Two good rides Friday and Saturday. Friday I headed up to the Lewis and Clark Monument again and on Saturday headed out for a long ride.

The trip up to the monument was a little harder than the first time I did it. This time I had to deal with a pretty gusty wind and some leg fatigue to boot. In the end, it was a good ride to finish off a Friday at work.

Today's ride was just a long one. My goal was to ride for 1.5-2 hours and to maintain a pretty good pace. I headed out from home around 2 in the afternoon and went north to Center. Center has a pretty solid shoulder, so I just headed west. There are a significant number of hills along the route but I made it ok. On the way out, I was also struggling against a pretty steady west-northwest wind. Did a true out-and-back ride. That was my longest ride ever.

If everything goes as planned and my groin continues to feel good, I'm going to lace the running shoes back up on Monday.

Friday: Bike: 12.32 mi 16.3mph pace
Saturday: Bike: 28.16 mi 16.5mph pace

No comments: