Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Great Weather, Easy 3; Glute pain

Great weather today. Went out for an afternoon easy 3. Surprisingly my legs felt pretty good following yesterdays speed work.

One nagging pain that continues is in my left hip/glutes. I did quite a bit of research last night looking into possible causes, diagnoses and treatments. One possible diagnosis that seems to fit the symptoms is Piriformis syndrome. Basically just a pain in my ass, literally.

I've got a list of stretches and strength exercises to try to build up the surrounding/supporting muscles. I'll work those pre and post run and in the evenings. As of right now I'm going to try to keep the mileage as planned, but I might need to take a couple of days and see if I can eliminate the issue altogether.

Tuesday: Ran from work in the afternoon. Went to Anchor Inn and back. 3.14 miles, 8:21 minute/mile pace with an average heart rate around 160bpm.

No comments: