I don't know if it's the city of Omaha, or Douglas county, or what, but I have to give some recognition to whomever cleared the trails around the lake. I set out today on my longest run yet fully expecting to be battling snow covered trails. Much to my joy, I think about 95% of the trail around Zorinsky is cleared to pavement; no ice, no snow pack, nothing.
The run was good too. Spent quite a bit of energy getting to the lake trail, maneuvering around slush, unscooped walks and unyielding traffic. My route ended up being a 4 miler to the lake trail, 1 complete circuit (with a little extra around the dam for milage) and then a 4 miler home.
Saturday: 16.09 miles 9:15 minute/mile average with an mean heart rate of 156 bpm. Not only was that my longest run yet, but that completes my first week over the 40 mile mark.
No comments:
Post a Comment