Wednesday, February 4, 2009

New territory in Iowa

Went on my longest run yet from work, 7 miles. Went over lunch instead of eating (not the best choice) because of a meeting filled day. I normally head north/east when I cross the pedestrian bridge, but today I mixed it up and headed south. All along it was a planned out and back, but heading south I didn't know how the trail (or where) was past Ameristar. Turns out it's pretty well marked, however you do spend about a mile running on the shoulder of an access rode that could use some love.

Turn around ended up being just on the other side of I-80 near the Riverside Park The temperature was a little lower than I had planned on, but really not to bad.

Wednesday: 7.2 miles from work, across into Iowa and south (and back). 8:41 minutes/mile average with an average heart rate of 160bpm.

No comments: