Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Blake takes on the Lake

My 6-year-old rode his bike along side me for the second day in a row! I love the company and love that he gets excited about exercising. We stepped up the mileage quite a bit from yesterday; we did the complete loop around Lake Zorinsky.

The weather was just about perfect, less a light wind. Lots of people out, which is a little nerve racking with a 6-year-old on a bicycle, but he did a pretty good job of obeying the "trail rules".

It was supposed to be an "easy" run for me, my target is around 9:00 minute miles for my easy runs. Chasing Blake proved to push my pace a little quicker than that though. I physically felt good though, not as sore as I was yesterday.

Wednesday: 7.22 miles. 8:16 minute/mile pace with an average heart rate of 168bpm.

No comments: