So this morning I experienced another first related to my running. I got up early today planning on getting to work early so I could get my run in even though I had a full calendar. As I drove up on Lake Zorinsky something came over me. I saw the calm water, no wind, and the big beautiful sun rising over the damn. I couldn't resist, i felt like I had to run. And I did.
Zorinsky in the morning is a beautiful place. I was surrounded by the sounds of Branta canadensis (Canadian Geese), the playful scurrying of Sciurus carolinensis (Squirrel) and the sight of Stonerific highschoolis (west omaha high school pot head). One parking lot I ran up on contained a shiny Lexus with 4 young looking gentlemen piled in. It was clear that they were getting there morning bake on and had no care what-so-ever that I was clearly able to see. Lovely.
It was a pretty good run except I was pretty poorly hydrated to start with that my heart rate was pretty high.
Wednesday: 9 miles, 9:17 minutes per mile with and average heart rate of 168bpm.
No comments:
Post a Comment