Monday, March 16, 2009

Speed Work. 7 x Yasso 800's

Speed work returns to Monday. Today's schedule was for 7 x Yasso 800's. I was very surprised as to how well my legs have recovered from last Friday's 20 miler. I was whole-heartedly expecting to be struggling through this one but didn't.

I ran the warm-up and cool-down between work and Heartland of America Park. I ran all 7 intervals around the lake. The Garmin proved extra helpful for this one as well. I was able to program in perfectly the .5 mile interval with the 3:30 rest; it beeped nicely as it approached each interval change.

LapDistancePaceTime
TOTAL7.369:07 /mi67:11
warm up0.9510:10 /mi9:39
run0.507:02 /mi3:31
recover0.32
3:30
run0.506:44 /mi3:22
recover0.27
3:30
run0.506:57 /mi3:29
recover0.27
3:30
run0.506:53 /mi3:27
recover0.26
3:30
run0.506:52 /mi3:26
recover0.27
3:30
run0.506:45 /mi3:23
recover0.31
3:30
run0.506:34 /mi3:17
recover0.23
3:30
cool down0.989:18 /mi9:08


Monday: As you can see above: 7.36 miles, 9:07 minutes/mile with an average heart rate of 164bpm.

No comments: