Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Another bike/swim double

Doubled up on the workouts again today. Daytime 30 minutes on the exercise bike and evening swim at the YMCA. Holy cow am I surprised at how good I feel in the water.

I tried something different tonight; just start swimming freestyle and see how far I could go without stopping. Since I did the workout at the Y again it was in a 25 yard pool. 1800 yards (72 lengths) later I decided that was enough. Oh yeah, I swam (a little over) a mile straight! It felt awesome. I got into a very steady rhythm breathing every third arm stroke. The 1800 took between 28 and 29 minutes (I didn't pay attention to where the second-hand was when I started). I finished off the workout with a 200 cool down (mostly just floating on my back).

Wednesday: Bike: 30 minutes on the stationary (Hill workout level 16) 10.8 miles (21.6 mph)
Swim: 2000 yards (1x1800, 1x200 cool down). 30-some minutes total.

No comments: