Once in a while I get the opportunity to run with one of the many runners from work. Today, I got to go with a large group and it was awesome. The _coach_ set it all up today; 15 or so total miles from his home to the Platte River and back. Post run recovery back at his house.
Ryan, myself, Jim, Sara, Michelle, Laura, David and Jodi left from Ryan's around 8:00 or so. Ryan's advertised "soft gravel rolling hills" may have been a little understated for the size of rolling hills and size of some of the gravel, but it was a good course none the less. We made our way down the river valley and through a trailer/camper community on the river. After a half mile or so cross-country along the river bank we turned around for the return trip. A light drizzle accompanied the return trip, but again, quite tolerable.
I took on a couple of the hills, really pushing hard on the climb up. I'm amazed I had as much energy today as I did.
This was a great end to a very solid week! Thanks for the great run guys!
Friday: 14.35 miles. 8:20's-8:20's average. Didn't take my Garmin so no official splits.
No comments:
Post a Comment