Thursday, July 30, 2009

First ride on Riverfront Trail North

Started riding today without any real idea of where I would end up. Just headed out from work towards the airport. I picked up a concrete trail at Carter Lake and ended up following it for quite a while. Turns out there is a very nice continuous trail that follows the river heading north from the airport. Rode past I-680 and the Mormon Bridge, through NP Dodge Park and up to the entrance of Hummel Park. It was a really great ride. Had a near collision with a deer, that scared the crap out of me. The trail has some great views of the river as well.

Felt really good on the bike too. I have been hammering it a little lately and expected some soreness, but pleasantly I'm feeling good.

Thursday: Bike 20.1 miles. 16.8 mph overall pace. 161 bpm average heart rate.

No comments: