Sunday, July 19, 2009

Another good ride with little bro

This weekend we are without our children. As part of the celebration of my 31st birthday on Monday, the boy's grandma's took them from us for the weekend. Without the children present I have had quite the day.

Started off the day by sleeping in. Mind you the animals helped make up for the missing children by demanding food, water and being let outside. Still, extra sleep was had. Next Shana made fresh blueberry pancakes for breakfast. After breakfast, Shana agreed to shave my head. This makes me very happy! After getting cleaned up we ate lunch at Qdoba and shopped for incredibly cute baby girl stuff at Kohls.

The afternoon was the part realitive to this blog. My younger brother Brad called as we were leaving Kohls and asked what our plans were for the evening. :-) Awesome, I knew at that very moment that I would not be exercising alone today! About 2 hours later Brad, Amber and Kaia arrived at our house. Brad and I proceeded to quickly head out the door for a bike ride.

We ended up going a little over 20 miles (our house, two rivers and back). It was a good ride, lots of hills, the elkhorn river valley, far too many a-hole drivers not liking us on "there road". I've ran most of that route twice before and never had any issue with the cars, but I guess in those cases I was on the sholder and not sharing the road. Oh well, didn't get run over this time.

To finish off the awesome day we got cleaned up and headed out for dinner at Kona Grill. My annual birthday dinner of Sushi awaited and definately did not disapoint! Ended the excitement of the evening with moving some furniture and drinking some REALLY good scotch.

Saturday: 20.2 mile biking. 1hr 21mins. 15 mph average. 143 bpm average heart rate.

No comments: