Today was a pretty challenging run.
The plan:
1 Mile warm up
800m @ 5:40 pace
400m jog
800m @ 5:40 pace
400m jog
800m @ 5:40 pace
800m jog
200m 'full but controlled pace'
100m jog
200m 'full but controlled pace'
100m jog
200m 'full but controlled pace'
100m jog
200m 'full but controlled pace'
1Mile cool down
I went out for the run before lunch. Weather wise, I couldn't have asked for a better day. Sunny, warm and a little bit of a breeze. With the run from work to the Iowa side of the pedestrian bridge almost perfectly measuring out to be 1 mile I used that for the warm up and cool down. My legs felt good and the pace didn't feel too crazy. I headed north on the levee. The first 800 was good. By the third one I was definitely feeling the pace in my legs and lungs. The 200's we fun in a twisted kind of way, however only having 100m to recover was very hard by the last one. In the end I exceeded my goal times and finished the run strong.
Splits:
800's (mile pace): 5:39, 5:39, 5:39.
200's (mile pace): 5:11, 5:33, 5:23, 5:19
Followed the run with Strength Workout 2 (push-ups, pull-ups, lunges, plyo jumps and oblique planks).
Wednesday: 6.06 miles. 8:04 minutes/mile pace with and average heartrate of 164bpm.
No comments:
Post a Comment