Saturday, October 17, 2009

Busy week; Resting for Gov. Cup.; and Friends @ KC

So this week turned out to be a pretty darn busy one for me. Highlights include moving into a brand new office building at work (sans my own office), Blake's parent teacher conferences, Blake's fall break, Ally have a couple of (unusually) rough nights of "awake and fussy" (can't really call that sleep) and Noah starting back (part time anyways) to preschool.

Translation, 1 blog post and only 1 of the 4 workouts as scheduled. With the Governor's Cup 15k this weekend the rest from running should help, so I'm completely fine with that. Mixed in there though, was a less than acceptable fitness assessment with my coach/trainer. Numbers should have been significantly better from the last measurement and they weren't. Most equal if not worse. Translation -> new motivation.

Tonight I sit here looking at pacing charts, following status updates on Facebook, signing up for SMS updates and generally REALLY wishing I was with a number of my running friends down in KC ready to take on the KC Mary/Half tomorrow at sunrise.

So with my phone poised and ready to start buzzing with text messages at 7am I head off to bed. Here's to wishing Ryan, Todd, Jim and Kelly in the full and Staci, Julie, Sheri, Katie and Melissa in the half the best of luck and success tomorrow!

No comments: