So for the last year, I've always taken day 1 (or more) post-race off. Doing that, I'm always still sore by day 2 post-race. So today I'm trying something different. Ran three easy miles on the treadmill and did my strength work as scheduled. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Strength work: 3 sets of: 10/25# plank row, 10 sit ups, 10/5# superman swims, 15 leg lifts on power tower.
I've started reading "Running to the Top" by Arthur Lydiard (thanks Ryan!). It's renewing my interest in aerobic base building and the benefits it has on a runners ability to compete. Seriously considering a "Lydiard-style" training program for the next 28 weeks......
Monday: 3 miles. 8:39 minutes/mile pace.
Strength work: 3 sets of: 10/25# plank row, 10 sit ups, 10/5# superman swims, 15 leg lifts on power tower.
I've started reading "Running to the Top" by Arthur Lydiard (thanks Ryan!). It's renewing my interest in aerobic base building and the benefits it has on a runners ability to compete. Seriously considering a "Lydiard-style" training program for the next 28 weeks......
Monday: 3 miles. 8:39 minutes/mile pace.
No comments:
Post a Comment