So after the 0 for the weekend, I deviated from the schedule again today. I was supposed to do some 400 meter intervals at 5k pace. Instead I was drawn into a competition of sorts. The "Level 20 challenge" as it's known around work is an endurance test to see how long you can last on the Stair-mill at the top level (20). So far the best time is held by David and is well past 2 minutes. I really thought going in that I would best his mark or at least contend. Wrong.
I did 1 mile warm up on the treadmill and then went after it. I lasted 1 minute 38 seconds before stumbling and letting the machine drop me on the floor. This is going to become an obsession I think....
Followed up the stairs with 1 mile cool down on the treadmill and then strength work.
I start taper for the Governor's Cup now. Still shooting for that 1:00 - 1:01 range.
Monday: 2 miles running. 8:30 or so pace.
1 comment:
You should know that just a few minutes after Ryan sent out the challenge last week, i headed down to the machine to see if i could improve and beat the 3 minute barrier. It wasn't til i climbed on that i remembered one asn't allowed to hold on with one's arms. Around 1:30 i knew i was done for so i hopped off before the machine chewed me up alive.
This is a great metric.
Here's to competition and getting to/back to 2 minutes and beyond. See you on the mountain...
Post a Comment