wu, 9 long (6 easy, 3 @ 6:30)I planned on doing about 14 miles.
I ended up with a 20 miler.
This morning Jim and Ryan had their last 20 mile training run before the Kansas City Marathon in 2 weeks. Their planned route was 3 laps around a 7(or so) mile circut near Walnut Creek Lake. With a lap course it allowed a couple of us who weren't training for a full to tag along an just log some miles. Laura did one lap and I planned on ducking out after 2. Well, that was the original plan, but lack of self control and really enjoying the running company, I called Shana after lap 2 and got the ok for the extra hour.
My legs felt really good for that long of a run. A little tight at points, sharp pains at others, but generally just tired.
The course was part cement trail, part gravel road. A very large number of hills too.
The first two laps we all stuck together and held right around 9:00 minute miles. After two laps of running a little faster than he wanted, Jim dropped back and settled into his own pace. Ryan and I stepped it up a bit and averaged 8:01 for the last 6 miles.
full garmin details:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/15164605
Saturday: 20.05 miles. 8:48 minutes/mile overall pace.
No comments:
Post a Comment