Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ice lily pads and another deer

After two days on the treadmill, I got back outside today. The lack of wind was wonderful; even with the 34 degree temp. After 6 consecutive weeks of increasing mileage, this week is a cut-back week. As a result, I appear to have more energy running than I have had in awhile. Todays run was awesome.

In addition to the run itself, the river has a constant stream of ice chunks floating down it. From the top of the bridge looking down they look like white lily pads slowly moving downstream. Just past the turn-around point by Harrah's, I saw another deer today. This one, at least, was not on the trail but just off to the side. Quite a bite bigger, and presumably older, this one ran for the tree-line just as soon as it saw me.

Thursday: Left work after lunch, headed over to Iowa, past Harrah's and back. 4 miles. 8:42 min/mile average and 156 bpm average HR.

1 comment:

stavarotti said...

Since your mile/min has improved drastically, I believe that we should run together next week to finally disprove your theory of running as a team. There is no I in team Jeff :-)