Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sharing the trail

So another casino run today. This time however, I had company on the trail between Harrah's and Ameristar. 4 young deer were literally standing on the trail as I approached. The strange thing was they showed no signs of moving as I approached. I'm not going to lie either, thoughts of the headline "Omaha runner trampled by deer", definately crossed my mind.
"COUNCIL CLUFFS - An Omaha man was found bludgened to death today on the Wabash Trace just south of Harrah's Casino in Council Bluffs. The apparent attackers were 4 jeuvenile white tail deer. The motive for the attack are unknown at this time. Possible theories produced by the authorities include: the victum was wearing a Husker's shirt and the deer where angered over the Cornhuskers thrashing of the Buffalos last Friday or perhaps despite a case of mistaken identity as the deer believed he was the hunter that shot at them two weeks ago..."
Anyways, just before I really started to wonder what I would do if they didn't move, they scurried off into the trees.

Tuesday: Left from work just before lunch. Work over the pedestrian bridge, headed south to Ameristar and back. 5 miles. 9:04 mins/mile average and 155bpm average HR.

No comments: