Thursday, November 6, 2008

The last warm day

Thursday appears to have marked the beginning of winter in Omaha. Wednesday it was near 70 degrees and now the 10 day forecast shows the mercury peaking around 45 degrees.

I'm very glad I got two good outdoor runs in at the beginning of the week. For both of them, the temperate was nice, however both were marked by pretty strong winds.

Tuesday: Got home from work and decided to go run before dinner. Was supposed to go 3 miles but went without a preplanned route and ended up running almost 4 1/2 miles. Felt really good the whole run.

Wednesday: Decided to run before lunch leaving from work. Headed over the pedestrian bridge, to Harrah's and back. The trail that links up to the bridge on the Iowa side is pretty nice. 3.4 miles out and back.

Had an all-day meeting at work followed by catching up from time lost at the meeting until 10pm. So missed the scheduled run for Thursday. Might go brave the cold Friday morning.

I'm already seeing a lower average min/mile while holding hear rate under 155bpm. Thats encouraging. I'm not sure I can maintain my sanity running so slow if I'm not seeing progress.

No comments: