Thursday, November 20, 2008

Miles up, splits....about the same

Another good running day, at least performance wise. The lovely Nebraska weather responded to my praise from yesterday with much colder temps and a brisk 20-30 mph north wind today. Aided by a new 'wind proof' jacket, I none the less took off for my 4 miler just before lunch.

Once again I was heading out from work, so I started down my casino route. Once over the bridge however, I realized that I really had no desire to have my return trip directed into the wind, so instead I headed north.

The tree-line along the trail heading north turned out to be a saving grace; blocking almost all of the wind from that portion of my run. I got into a very nice rhythm and honestly had a hard time convincing myself to turn around. So, as it turns out, my 4 miler ended up as a 5.5 miler.

Thursday: Before lunch, across pedestrian bridge, north to the old creepy rail-road bridge and back. 5.5 miles, 9:18 min/mile average at 153 bpm.

No comments: