Last Thursday night I had a short fight with a door. Well in actuality, my second smallest toe on my right foot did and it wasn't much of a fight. I stubbed my toe hard on our bedroom door. It was quick, very painful and forgotten till morning when the digit was still quite sore and swollen.
I spent most of Friday convinced I'd broken the toe and was going to be told by some doctor to not run for 4-6 weeks. Midday, I noticed a nice bruise forming on the lateral part of the toe. Late afternoon, decided to self-medicate for the evening and see how it felt Saturday.
Friday: Rest.
Saturday: I was supposed to run 5 miles and the weather was beautiful. The toe felt much better, but quite correctly Shana convinced me to rest my foot.
Sunday the swelling was down, bruising seemed better and it was again beautiful outside. Decision: tape it up and go.
Sunday: Midday, for the first time since I started running, I went with no planned route, no mile markers, no destination. I just ran. It was a different experience. Ended up running 5.6 miles, averaging 9:42 min/mile and 153bpm. The hills are still very hard to manage at < 155 bpm.
No comments:
Post a Comment