Wednesday, April 29, 2009

4 days to go

So with two days of rest behind me, I think I am actually feeling the benefits. This morning, my calf is noticeably better. In previous days, I'd notice the pain while walking, especially up the stairs. This morning however, I'm only noticing it on a few specific motions.

That said, I am really having a tough time handling not running. I keep thinking through the thought of not running for 6 days and then trying to go out and do the 26.2 miles. I trust my coach. I trust all of the literature. It just sucks following the schedule nearly to the letter until this week and now deviating from it.

Hopefully I will reap the benefits of the extra rest during the race. Who knows, maybe this extra energy will push me well past my (already lofty) goals.

Wednesday: Resting dinged leg and fighting off small head cold.

No comments: