Todays run was awesome. I didn't feel the greatest with a couple of sore muscle groups but still was able to run about a second or two under target race pace. The weather wasn't the best as usual, but at least the wind was only about 10mph and not 20+ mph.
I did the 10 miler around west Omaha, more specifically in the area around Lake Zorinsky. I parked at the lake ran about 1/3 around and headed off into neighborhoods, business parks and along some of the busier arterials. Ended up covering some rather large hills and varied running surfaces.
In the process of logging those 10 miles I pushed my total miles ran since July 1st 2008 to 1004. Nothing special really, just notble.
Also, tomorrow is my final scheduled 20. I plan to run it as a 'run to work' in the morning, like last time but a different route this time. That 20 marks the peak of my training and the taper starts from Saturday through the race, woo hoo!
Thursday: 10.0 miles. 7:49 minutes/mile pace with and average heart rate of 173bpm.
No comments:
Post a Comment