Oh yeah, and yesterday I crossed the 500 mile mark for 2009 and by the end of next week I'll be over 1,000 miles since I started counting (July 1 2008).
Both runs were pretty good runs with descent temperatures, high winds and overcast skies. I've bumped up my 'easy run' pace a little over the last few months. My legs are feeling strong and I can tell my endurance is up significantly.
Friday: A busy work schedule pushed the run to very late in the afternoon. I left from work, headed over to Iowa and went North. I went down off the levee and ran well over half of the run on the dirt/grass trail. Something different anyways. 6.4 miles at an average pace of 8:29 minutes/mile with an average heart rate of 160bpm.
Saturday: I was meeting a group from work to run at Zorinsky at 8:00am. I had other commitments that limited my schedule to being done by 9:30. So I got started early at the lake, getting one extended lap done around the West lake before meeting up with the others for the remaining 7+. Overall I ran it as a 3/1 (where the first three quarters are easy pace and the last forth is at race pace). 12.18 miles at an average pace of 8:32 minutes/mile with an average heart rate of 161bpm.
I really enjoyed running with a group of people. More than anything, it made the time spent on the run fly by.
Tomorrow, rest and then 58 miles in 6 days.
No comments:
Post a Comment