Saturday, April 25, 2009

Answer: "Congrats! She'll only need 3:40 for her BQ"

Question: "How does a running coach respond to the news that your two sons will soon have a baby sister?"

Yesterday we had our ultrasound for our third child. It's a girl! And now marks the point in time that I can come clean publicly and say that I REALLY wanted it to be a girl. This is most likely our last child and with two boys in the house already...

The quote above is real. And it was the best response I received to my announcement of the ultrasound results. In honor of my running coach, I even pitched the names "Mary" and "Mildred", but both received a response similar to eating crackers in bed...

The day after the news, it was back to work. The weekend had a 4 and 8 scheduled. Shana is on a 'girls' shopping trip, so my running schedule is completely dependent on having someone available to watch the boys. So I worked in the 8 this evening. It felt like I was running 9:30's. I felt like I wasn't really trying. But the Garmin showed 8:30's. Strange feelings.... is taper for real?

My calf issue is still there. It's best described as a constant dull pain. if I can get through this week and the race, I'll take some time and really address it.

Saturday: 8.22 miles from home, around hilly neighborhoods and part of Zorinsky. 8:25 minutes per mile with an average heart rate of 157bpm

No comments: