Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Better weather, quality runs

Tuesday came with better temperatures and finally little to no wind. Ryan offered to accompany me on my 10 miler. It was scheduled as an "easy" run ended up being a bit faster "quality" run. I'm really beginning to appreciate company on these longer runs. I think both Ryan and I were feeling the effects of the faster pace towards the end of the run. A great run in the end.

I was a little sore post run on Tuesday. Likely a combination of the speed work on Monday and then the 10 miles on top of that.

Wednesday's schedule had a 5 miler easy. With the 10 mile at race pace Thursday and then the 20 miler on Friday, I wanted to get those 5 miles in as early as possible to rest as much as I could prior to those tough miles. So, I got up early and went out before sunrise. I could tell that I was undernourished, under-hydrated and still sleepy, but despite all that I got in 5+ miles at a pretty good easy pace.

Tuesday: 10.03 miles. From work, across the bridge and south in Iowa. O&B. 8:19 minute/mile pace with an average heart rate of 158bpm.

Wednesday: 5.23 miles. From home, around neighborhood before dawn. 8:52 minute/mile pace with an average heart rate of 161bpm.

No comments: